Larry Seiler , IPAP
Winston Churchill, also a painter, once said, "Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
As painters we can certainly see the application of this simple yet profound statement, but in the arena of arts business it is true as well...in that sometimes life's curves in the road make the wanting of something bad enough eventually cause one to question one's own motives. What does it mean to keep going...and to keep oneself enthused?
All artists experience bumps and bruises, and that's simply the nature of fleshing out a living, but for myself came the urging desire that painting be so much more. More than reputation, more than reaching out to the promise and comfort of fine living, painting has become a viable means to engage the moment, empowered to take in, see, digest and participate in a celebratory act. A grand hoorah, a moment of praise!
It is a feeling of paying oneself straight away, acknowledging having been blessed to see more deeply. To then find one's work a blessing to others, is a cup that runs over. Click on images to enlarge
Awards and Curricula Vitae-
* Nominated Wisconsin teacher candidate for 2006 Herb Kohl Educational Foundation Fellowship Award
* Exhibited with the National Academy of Professional Plein Air Painters in New York's National Arts Building, Gregg & Marquis Gallery- 9/19/05- 10/2/05
* 2005- Nomination/acceptance into Who's Who Among America's Teachers
* 2004- Nomination/acceptance into Who's Who Among America's Teachers
* 2004- Authored and released 307 page book, "Landscape Painting- The Art of Seeing & Doing"
* 2004- Nominated for Laird Foundation Award for Leadership in Art
* 2002- Nominated for Laird Foundation Award for Leadership in Art
* Contributing Editor and author of numerous virtual online artist how-to instructionals and demos for Wetcanvas.com! An online community of over 69,000 artists internationally. Moderator of eight forums including his own Industry Partner forum
* Lee LeBlanc Fall Wildlife Arts Invitational- 2001
* Winner Wisconsin 1998 Inland Trout Stamp Competition
* Participant- 1998 Wild Wings Fall Arts Festival Invitational
* Winner Wisconsin 1984 Wildlife Artist of the Year
* Finalist 23 of 33 entered wildlife stamp design contests
* Represented by Main Street Gallery and Park Side Gallery of Minocqua, Wisconsin; Moondeer and Friends Gallery, Boulder Junction, Wisconsin
Click here to Visit Larry's website
International Plein Air Painters
Larry Seiler Signature member
International Plein Air Painters Artists Organization WORLDWIDE Est. 10/19/01
Pechtigo River Wetlands